Effective Date: July 18, 2018
Table of Contents
2. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
3. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
4. HOW WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION:
A) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US:
B) INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
6. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
7. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
8. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
10. DATA SECURITY
11. NOTICE TO USERS FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
13. CONTACT INFORMATION
Awake Solutions (“Company,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.awakeleadershipguide.com, http://www.awakeleadershipsolutions.com (collectively our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Website.
• In e-mail, text and other electronic exchanges between you and this Website.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is to refrain from using our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Types of Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, and company/organization name. (“Personal Information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as survey feedback, opinion polls, and other anonymous requests or polls; and/or
• About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
4. How We Collect This Information:
a) Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons if you choose to share this information publicly or with other Users.
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information of another individual, we assume that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure of such personal information as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
b) Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. Browsing in private mode or incognito may also prevent collection of such information.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org denoting this request.
6. How We Disclose Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information other than as described below.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Awake Solutions’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Awake Solutions about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your presumed consent by using the Website.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Awake Solutions, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies, organizations, and law enforcement for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect
9. California Users
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our email address in order to receive information on the categories of customer information that we shared and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. [All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We limit access to our servers to ensure that your information is not viewable by any unauthorized parties. Additionally, we will not view your personal information unless we receive your prior permission, or unless required to by law.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
11. Notice to Users from the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
13. Contact Information